turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Switch TurboTax Online from TurboTax Easy Extension to manual extension

I am using TurboTax Online Premier. I had it file a federal extension. I later received an email that "TurboTax Easy Extension has been rejected". But TurboTax Online still seems to think the extension was filed and the amount paid. How can I switch TurboTax Online to using a manual extension by check?

As additional background, my easy extension failed due to because of  "R0000-679-01 - 'PrimaryPriorYearPIN' or 'PrimaryElectronicFilingPIN' or 'PrimaryPriorYearAGIAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database.". I now realize that it asked for my 2018 info, but that IRS has not received my 2018 taxes so I can't really use that. So I am assuming easy extension is no longer an option for me.

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Try e-filing the extension request again, but this time enter a 0 (zero) for the 2018 AGI since a 2018 tax return was not received by the IRS.

How do I get TurboTax Online to recognize that I need to file the extension again? Do I delete the existing 4868 form?

I tried deleting the 4868 form. 

Now when I search for extension, then click on File Extension, it takes me the following page that asks me how much I paid with my federal extension (which actually hasn't been sent yet). I can't seem to find a way to undo the easy extension or redo it. Thx.

Screen Region 2020-07-13 at 17.10.39.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies