Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kevin ab

Stuck in loop on step 2 to file

I’m stuck in loop. Told to wait 5 days as know issue. In researching looks like this has been issue for month or better. What can I do. I paid can’t get refund and can’t file. This support is nice but helpless. They just say try again in a few days

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Is this in the payment portion or entering direct deposit information?

If you are having payment issues:  call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kevin ab

No you took my money just fine.  It was right after I say I want refund deposited into one account. I hit continue and it just spins.     After spending almost 4 hours on phone with your experts who both told me it was a bug and I needed to wait 5 days.   I figured it out my self.  In my state return in the averview for income it said $0 for a field about receiving state interest. I did not enter anything so deleted the $0.  It didn’t delete so I put in $1 and then it disappeared and allowed me to set up my bank account info and file.  Your support folks were nice but in this case wasted 4 hours of my time and delayed my refund by 4 days.  Thanks 

I’m also stuck in this loop. Filed one return on 3/16 that is getting a refund that went through fine. 3/17 working on a 2nd return, also getting refund, and that return is stuck on step 2.  Did all recommendations; cleared cache, browsing history, switched browsers, switched computers, tried phone application, tried incognito, changed banks, changed to paper check, reviewed forms under tools center spoke to TT customer service. Nothing working. 
The only difference between the submission of return #1 & #2 was the banking form. Return #1 had banking info from prior years submission.  Return #2 had no prior banking info, but I got a popup message that USbank has relationship withTT so add USBank data. I don’t bank with USbank so I cleared and added my banking data. Return #1’s bank just happened to be USbank.

Looking for TT update on this glitch. Tried again today with no success. (3/18/24)

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax Online customers may experience a looping behavior during final review or after entering their driver’s license or other ID info in the File section of their return. Some customers may also get the error message "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" in these areas.

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. 

For a potential fix, we recommend going back through the three review sections one at a time: 

Note: If your TurboTax navigation looks different from what’s described here, learn more.

1. Select Federal from the left menu, then Federal Review to begin the federal review process.
  2. Select State from the left menu, then State Review to begin the state review process.
  3. Select Review from the left menu, then Check my info to begin the final review process.

If the looping behavior continues after following these steps, we recommend filing an extension for your federal and state returns and paying any taxes due before the filing deadline (April 15, 2024). This will help you avoid any late fees or penalties in the event this issue isn't resolved by the deadline.

@Pkess69 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I followed all your instructions and the return remains stuck on Step 2.

I fixed my problem. I located a youtube video from 2023.  That solution didn't fix my problem, but it helped me problem solve.  The video may help those who are spinning on Step 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olv2__NCI2M

I focused on my State return (Minnesota) and discovered that an entry I removed from a TT entry screens was still appearing on the paper print out of my return.   (TT recently allowed MN to efile our Homestead Credit Refund (M1PR).)  I had zeroed out line 24 but it still appeared on the paper print out.

I went into Tools/forms and deleted the M1PR and then reentered the data.  After that, I was able to move to step 3 and efile.

HOWEVER, TT tried to direct me to USBank to deposit my Homestead Credit, a step it also wanted me to do with my Federal return. ( I don't have a USBank account.)  I changed method to sending me a check.

Bottom line, check your paper return against your entries.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies