masterworksinbox

State refund is showing $0 for refund. That isn’t correct

Have you entered your W-2 that shows state income and state tax withheld?  What state?

spunkyjt

I'm following this.  My refund for state shows as zero as well.  It's definitely incorrect.  I entered in the information on my w2.

spunkyjt

@masterworksinbox I think I figured it out!  Are you using the software?  I switched the view from "step-by-step" to "Forms".  I noticed that my residency was not checked on my state return form.  I manually checked it and the refund seemed to match up.

JamesG1

Does the state code in box 15 of the W-2 match the state that you are trying to file a tax return for?

Have you selected your state for the state tax return and followed through to the end?

Have you selected the correct state refund balance by selecting the < to the left or > to the right?