jace4655

State of Indiana incorrectly changed my refund amount. I went from getting back $1522 to now owing almost $500. Just looking for advice, and if tt has someone to talk wth

They increased my AGI by $28,000 and decreased my business deductions by $16,000
fanfare

From where was $28,000 that State evidently thinks you did not report.?

Mike9241

you should get a letter of explanation. but you should also be able to call Indiana's department of revenue to get an explanation. states do make mistakes. 

another avenue

TurboTax has a special phone number for help with IRS/state tax letters, which will be easier than going through regular Customer Support. At the page below, click on the blue button that says "Get Help from TurboTax Support". Then it will ask you what tax year is your letter. Then it will ask you what the letter concerns. Then it will show you the phone number during posted business hours.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/