turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jace4655

State of Indiana incorrectly changed my refund amount. I went from getting back $1522 to now owing almost $500. Just looking for advice, and if tt has someone to talk wth

They increased my AGI by $28,000 and decreased my business deductions by $16,000
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

State of Indiana incorrectly changed my refund amount. I went from getting back $1522 to now owing almost $500. Just looking for advice, and if tt has someone to talk wth

From where was $28,000 that State evidently thinks you did not report.?

you should get a letter of explanation. but you should also be able to call Indiana's department of revenue to get an explanation. states do make mistakes. 

another avenue

TurboTax has a special phone number for help with IRS/state tax letters, which will be easier than going through regular Customer Support. At the page below, click on the blue button that says "Get Help from TurboTax Support". Then it will ask you what tax year is your letter. Then it will ask you what the letter concerns. Then it will show you the phone number during posted business hours.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies