Started IRS Free File, but I don't quality. How t...

Started IRS Free File, but I don't quality. How to cancel it?

I thought my income was low enough to qualify for the IRS free file option.  I started, entered a ton of info (lots of W2s, schedule C, 1099s, etc).... and I get to a dead end saying I don't qualify.  And it won't let me clear and start over.

How can I opt out of IRS free file and WILLING PLAY YOU GUYS FOR SELF EMPLOYED????

Trying desperately for you to take my money.  Thank you.

Check out this one.  User OpFor at the end seems like he found a way to upgrade from Free File website and keep his info

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-i-don-t-qualify-for-free-file-this-year-as-it-...

User OpFor posted this...........

I found this message thread because I was searching for an answer on how to do this.  I finally found it and wanted to post it in case others find it too.

1.  Go to https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/online/

2.  Click "help me choose"

3.  Select the options that apply to your situation

4.  Click "start for free" of whatever product you want to use when it gives you the suggestions

After that, it asked how I did my taxes last year.  I selected Turbo Tax, then it had me sign in.  Once I was signed in, it asked if I was sure I wanted to change to a commercial product and not use the free file program.  I selected yes, clicked ok, and I was back into the normal system and out of the free file system.

Here’s the problem: in past years, it was easier to upgrade from the IRS FreeFile version to the paid version.  Some people complained that they were upgraded without knowing it, so now,  it seems that TurboTax has made it much harder to transfer out of the free file program.  Can’t make everyone happy.

If they make it easy to switch from Free File to a paid  version, for every user who wants to switch up to a paid version there will be dozens who will claim they were tricked into paying.

This suggestion worked for me! Oct 2020 for 2019 return. Whew! The stress was building because had just spent so much time inputting!  Thank you!!!