turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I use quickbooks online for my S corp. How do I get info about my business into my Turbotax Business program? When I try to do it automatically it says qb isn't installed

This is the first year I've tried to do this and I purposely bought quickbooks and Full Service Payroll to be able to automate everything w TurboTax.  I've just fired up TurboTax and am already at a loss.  Do I have to buy a Quickbooks disc to use the desktop version in order to allow the programs to talk to each other? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I use quickbooks online for my S corp. How do I get info about my business into my Turbotax Business program? When I try to do it automatically it says qb isn't installed

Sorry but you cannot import from the Online version only from a downloaded one ... however to complete the 1120S manually  all you need to print from the QB program are 3 reports ... the P&L, Balance sheet  and asset listing. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ on importing QuickBooks data into the Business Edition - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901107-how-do-i-import-quickbooks-data-into-turbotax-business

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Sorry but you cannot import from the Online version only from a downloaded one ... however to complete the 1120S manually  all you need to print from the QB program are 3 reports ... the P&L, Balance sheet  and asset listing. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ on importing QuickBooks data into the Business Edition - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901107-how-do-i-import-quickbooks-data-into-turbotax-business

Thank you so much, I appreciate your help!

This is bull**bleep**!   why on earth in 2020 cant you get QB online to download?   

FTBuckeye

Ok, so I'm in the same situation.  Using QB online for my S-corp and there is no online version of business so I need to purchase the desktop version.  First and foremost, if the business desktop version is only compatible with the desktop version of QBs, then the online version of QBs should provide a desktop version for free that syncs with the online version.  This is at a minimum.  I specifically asked if QBs online would easily allow me to do my taxes and forms for S-Corp and they said yes - I specifically asked about integration ... and they said yes.  Not very happy about this. 

Franklt

RMarzec

Totally agree that inability to use the QB online version with TurboTax Business is major mistake by Intuit. Totally disappointing.  Feels like their advertising/promotion was misleading. 

this is ridiculous. I delayed filling until I had my QuickBooks Online clean.  Now I can't use it? I should have stayed with the desktop that they keep telling me is going away...WTF? 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies