Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Something changed in your return You'll need to choose your refund method again... Which I do, over and over again.. Anyone else having this problem?

Only happens while applying for the refund advance, other option takes me to the transmit page but the Advance option goes up to the "Refund and payment info" page and when I click continue I get the loading circle then the message "Something changed in your return
You'll need to choose your refund method again."
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

"Something changed in your return You'll need to choose your refund method again... Which I do, over and over again.. Anyone else having this problem?

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

SO after many days of fighting with the loop I finally figured it out...

You email used for Turbo must be the same as the email used to log into credit Karma.

SO what I did was...

1.) Went to Credit Karma website I unlinked the Turbo account.

2.) Went to Turbo website and updated my email address to the same as my email address for Credit Karma (which I had set up long before turbo linked up with credit Karma)

3.) signed out and back into Turbo and low and behold it went right through.

Dont know if each step was 100% needed but it worked for me in that way so I figured I would let yall know.

Hopefully none of you followed the advice of the "professionals" and just went ahead with the direct deposit like I was told to do by MULTIPLE of them.

View solution in original post

42 Replies

Having the same issue.......No one through support calls has been able to advise on it at all

Same Here. They Say They Have No Idea Why. I've Went Thru the process with 4 different reps

I am having a problem verifying my identity with CreditKarma. There's no customer service phone number and when I submit a ticket, no one contacts me. Avoiding refund advances?

I received a reply 😡

If you receive an error message when you try to open a new Credit Karma Money Spend account, it means our system was unable to fully validate your identity, and by this time, we have to continue working to maintain our system updated so that there can be a possibility that you can be able to open a Credit Karma Money Spend account in the future.

We are always looking into ways to make our system more robust so that more of our members are able to open accounts. We are so sorry for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Let us please kindly explain ourselves: when you open a bank account with any US based financial institution, federal regulations require the financial institution to verify your identity before allowing you to open an account. This is a requirement on financial institutions that includes specific requirements that may not always align with other systems such as credit reporting.

In the meantime, you can continue using all the benefits that only Credit Karma offers to you, like keeping an eye on your Credit Scores and Reports for free and some other features like your Credit Karma account that you can find on our website.”

ILL BE GOING ELSEWHERE!!!! 

I was able to open the credit karma bank account. But it won’t let me Efile with the message “something changed in your return, please choose another refund option”. 

Same thing happening. Tried clear cache, changing browser, even went dark mode, still same thing

Hmobley33

Same thing here. I even cleared my return and went through it again. I have a credit karma spend account that is connected so I know that's not it. Definitely a Turbotax error. Every year, it's something.

I had the same error but I kept trying. Finally exited the app waited a few minutes went back and it worked. Now the only thing is I’m still waiting on the status of the advance. Haven’t heard anything and my refund was accepted before 1 pm cst!

Did not work for me. Been trying over and over for hours the last 3 days. Same message. Same loop. 

Sameeeee here. How annoying. Think we could get some guidance from an expert I'm the IT department on when this will be fixed? That would be nice.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

SO after many days of fighting with the loop I finally figured it out...

You email used for Turbo must be the same as the email used to log into credit Karma.

SO what I did was...

1.) Went to Credit Karma website I unlinked the Turbo account.

2.) Went to Turbo website and updated my email address to the same as my email address for Credit Karma (which I had set up long before turbo linked up with credit Karma)

3.) signed out and back into Turbo and low and behold it went right through.

Dont know if each step was 100% needed but it worked for me in that way so I figured I would let yall know.

Hopefully none of you followed the advice of the "professionals" and just went ahead with the direct deposit like I was told to do by MULTIPLE of them.

Check out my update

Check out my update I figured it out

Worked for me too!

thank you!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies