turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MIB4IBM

Some values are too large and have caused calculation errors. This happens twice during federal check

it just says Check This Entry, but no details of What entry
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

26 Replies
MIB4IBM

Some values are too large and have caused calculation errors. This happens twice during federal check

P.S. there is nothing over $1mil, and total income is under $100k

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please take a look at the article below for instructions to troubleshoot the error message.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/i-am-getting-check-this-entry-some-values-are-too...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue and when I click the link, it says access denied.

Me too

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The current limit is $9,999,999.99.  If your transaction is for $23,000,000, I suggest you split it into three entries.  An alternative could  be $9,000,000 + $9,000,000 + $5,000,000.  Then distribute any additional information by the same percentage.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your reply. Turbo Tax added a zero to one of my numbers in the income field, and when the "some values are too large. . ." error came up, it didn't point out where the error was. I had to find it. Which took forever. I lost at least an hour. Very frustrating.

PFW
Level 1

I cant access the link---

PFW
Level 1

I have checked all my numbers and none are over $9,999,999....what else could it be???

same issue - its blank, no idea where this mysterious number it...... says i can't efile and need too hard copy and mail.  of course turbo tax already took my money to efile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

see if you missed or misplaced a decimal point. 

like everyone else who tried to click this link, it says access denied - what is the answer and how do i fix it??

I was able to fix this and I had a stock trading amount that was larger than 14Mil and according to the instruction, I split that value  $9999999.99 + $4000000.01

Now because Turbotax will round the decimal greater than $0.50 to $1 it would make my value to $10000000.00

So I moved those $0.99 cents to other transactions.

$9999999.00 + $4000001.00

Hope this helps

turbotax does not work for active day traders

i figured out their system bug

once you exceed gross proceeds of 716,000,000 it will say too large in fed check.

Turbo tax development, if you are reading this please look at code and change the limit

the 9 digit we understand that is already understood

the message for too large number calculation error that happens when exceeds 716M

i erased some entries to 715M and no issue no errors.

so its related to gross proceeds.

Please fix bc mailing it in delays processing with irs. and it will reduce revenue for your shareholders so spending a little time on this can help your stock not go down as well. hopefully CEO of Inuit reads this.

No, my total day trading values were broken up in to $9,999,999 lots and total is around $100MM and I am getting this error message. How do you think I can fix this? Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies