Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Some values are too large and have caused calculation errors. This happens twice during federal check

Did you find a solution? I have same problem

OwensR
Returning Member

Some values are too large and have caused calculation errors. This happens twice during federal check

I'm getting the same issue, but my total proceeds is less than $700M.

Hey I changed proceeds to $5M per line and did it several times with cost basis of 5M etc etc till you wipe out each side. 

tantawi28

Make it 9,999,999.99 or 9,999,999.00

if you still get the too large error, then you added wrong and the info from your brokerage statement does not match what you put in. Instead of a calculator, use excell to add and substract

Yes, This resolved the errors -- thank you lots, "DESAISAMIRV" !!  Terrible error-handling by Intuit !!  In the first place, they should auto-import ALL records and NOT impose their ridiculous 3,000 records limit!!

the thing is your proceeds do not exceed 715M

if they did you wont be able to submit online

have to do it paper

trust me on this

everyone does the 9M work around and its all correct, the issue says large is from proceeds if over 715M

i reached 716.2M and it said too large.

thats the real issue day traders have with using turbo tax ones who trade a lot.

but if your under that than yes all you need to do is change 16M to 9M and 7M as 2 entries.

Turbo Tax software does not work for online those who have really large proceeds. active day traders will have easily over 715M if you are going in and out very quick.

hope this helps others reading this post

Thanks RemotehelpABC !!  So, if one's proceeds exceeds $715m, one cannot e-File, and MUST be submitted as a paper return by snail mail -- correct? 

Thanks again, buddy!

This is still an issue. The program doesn't say where the problem is and none of my values are anywhere near the limit. Also, I only have regular tax situations no stocks or anything.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

@frustrated36 For one-on-one assistance with this experience, please visit the link below for help from Customer Support.

How do I contact TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Cee3
Returning Member

We're sorry, we can't find the page you requested.

moo1121
Returning Member

sometimes depending on the forms it is the form 1040/1040SR, or charitable contributions witch is capped at 300 for single 600 for joint that fixed my error after clearing charitable contributions and deleting 1040SR it resolved the error.

vendor
Returning Member

In some instances, TT only accepts number up to a certain amount.  For example, 99,999,999 gross proceeds of  revenue was a TT limit a fair number of years back, perhaps still is.    However, if you had 99,999,000 in cost basis, the net is only $999, well within TT parameters.  The IRS wants you to report $999 taxable net.  So Just reduce the proceeds and cost basis by an equal amount to bring revenue below the max, and include a note explaining what you did.  IRS will get paid their due, but in such a case, I would append an explanation (TT allows such, I recall)  or you can print and iterlineate "*see appendix  xxx, attached" (Appendix "xxx" [or whatever] your true numbers, details and reason for doing it that way) and file return manually if TT won't import that information.  Or if tax treatment is the same, perhaps just add it into an "Other income" area with explanation.  Also, run it by TT  or a tax advisor to be sure it wouldn't violate a rule specific to whatever category you are entering.  Eg., if you have investments with a foreign brokerage(s) totalling above a certain amount , there is an amount where a special return is required by the IRS.   But in many or most cases, my math trick should work.  It did for me some years back.  Just make full disclosure in your return.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies