turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why cant I get past step 1 in the file section, I paid and I got my receipt

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Some forms are not finalized so you cannot file.  The IRS has to finalize a number of forms and then approve the finalized forms in the TT software.  Many state forms are not finalized either.  What's the rush?  The IRS will not be accepting returns until January 29 at the earliest, so filing early will not get your faster refund.  The earliest refunds will not be released until mid to late February.  You just have to wait for the forms to be ready.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-federal-products-exc...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908857-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-state-except-busines...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

there is no notification anywhere any where that says that and every time I hit continue it takes me back to view my receipt shouldn't it tell the customer what's happening?

If you click on Review what does it say?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

shows me the receipt that I paid that's all and will not go to step 2

Read the screen again. Your forms are not ready. You have to wait.
Manage cookies