Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

So we dont get a stimulus because turbo tax and the irs messed up????

I keep seeing turbo say the IRS made a mistake and correcting. Here's my issue with that. I've spoken with the IRS and my direct deposit was sent December 29th. it was never sent back to the IRS and no one knows where my money is. The IRS doesn't have it. TurboTax says they don't have it. And Green Dot doesn't have it. Without the IRS receiving the original direct deposit back from the bank there's nothing they can do.. so tell me TurboTax, where is my money because the only logical answer is that you have it. Allow us to update our direct deposit information and put it in the right flipping account. my guess is you're making money off of holding our money that's sitting in a bank somewhere collecting interest shady shady shady shady

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I would suggest you to claim the Recovery Rebate credit on your 2020 tax return.

Recovery Rebate Credit

In the TurboTax Online program,  

• After sign in to your account, follow prompts
  • To your left, select Federal
  • On the next screen, from the top, select Other Tax Situations and Done with Others (at the bottom)
  • On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, select Continue
  • Select "Yes", enter the amount you have received for both stimulus payments and follow prompts
  • See image below

If you did not receive any amount, enter zeros.  The program will calculate your Recovery Refund Credit amount as the stimulus payment you are entitled to.  

@MrsDrummerdigi321

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Seems we are getting the shaft. I even got the email from turbotax saying my stimulus is on the way...guess what never came? So what happens with the next round of stimulus too? We gotta file that one on our 2021 taxes when you all mess that up too? Guess whos never doing buisness with you again...me, and the 20 family members who also used you all from personal recommendation. Completely unprofessional to send emails without actually having the correct info. Unfreaking believeable.

• This is insane. This whole "just file it on your taxes" solution sucks. We file in February! Some people needed that money on they date it was to be deposits. On February 4th that will offically be a month. I got all the emails as well. I even got two more today, but I know what pre recorded statement it will say, so reading them is a waste of time. Someone could at least spot us half after all this time. This is very ridiculous. I know someone who was evicted last week. Its been THREE WEEKS AND ONE DAY. Come on IRS & Turbo Tax. I sure hope all persons with these stimulus inconvenience are first to receive our tax return #Do Better 

There was a link https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/internal-revenue-service/help/update-your-stimulus-payment-direct-... .......It said 5 business days, but still nothing. The IRS blames Turbo Tax and Turbo Tax blames the IRS. NO ONE has a straight or exact answer, just file it on your taxes is the thing I keep hearing

Turbo Tax does not issue refunds; it transfers information to Federal and State taxing authorities, who in turn issue or collect money from taxpayers (TurboTax customers).   If you did not receive the stimulus payment due to you, the issue is from the Federal (IRS) side. 

How can I check on my second stimulus payment?

Every stimulus check recipient should get a confirmation letter in the mail. If you received the letter but no money, you can initiate a trace on your payment by calling the IRS at 800-919-9835.   

You can also check on your stimulus payment through the TurboTax stimulus payment check tool.

You can also view your account on the IRS website.  From there, you can contact the IRS directly.

@Smokelrd2002

Anonymous
Not applicable

The IRS said that Turbo Tax received my second stimulus payment in January and I have not received anything from Turbo Tax. I will no longer be filing my taxes using them. Beware!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies