Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ahart31

How long will it take the IRS to receive my copies of both of my 1095-A forms and form 8962 once I mail it in? They didn’t request anything except those in the letter.

If it helps anyone at all.. Not sure if it is different for different people.. But I have this same issue.. Rep this morning told me they needed the 8962 form and my 1095A... I told her my letter had not arrived and it was not even in today's mail.. She explained for me to attach a cover sheet to my fax... on the cover sheet I was told to put "Attention: SP Rejects Team" then after the cover sheet write a detailed letter from myself stating that I did not receive the letter but had called and was told to submit the forms... then my forms
subbwife

How long will it take the IRS to receive my copies of both of my 1095-A forms and form 8962 once I mail it in? They didn’t request anything except those in the letter.

Yes I will hopefully will be couple weeks wish somebody who had already been thru would reply

I have been through this and am currently still dealing with it. I called the tax advocate helpline today and talked with a lady who explained it to me. They also said you cant compare your return experience with another persons. Ive been helping people for weeks on forums and threads get their 8962 forms done and in to the reject dept. Those people all update and got ddd saturday, and I didnt. Most of those peoples refund increased, mine did not. However the tax advocate today laid out in detail that once they receive the forms they are logged in to your return, its ran all back over, noted they have been inserted, signed off on. Then it goes back into process which is like the day you got accepted and wmr says your return is accepted and is processing. "7-21 days most people get their refunds". Basically once your return is updated and verified corrected it goes back to day one starting fresh in the efile processing system.
subbwife

So once its updated to your file you can start counting down then or will it be awhile before they accept it my refund did not change will wmr update as soon as they accept it
creed357

I called today and was told the same thing. I’ll keep y’all updated. I’ll necer make this mistake again. I heard you can go into your transcript and download the letter.

You can start the count down once they verify its in your return and back in process. Check wmr daily, transcripts update tuesday and friday. Im hoping that Saturday morning I get my update. @creed357 your right Ill never make this mistake again, Ill be waiting till Feb 5th to file from now on. Its not like they release money before the 20th anyway. They used to, I got in to the habit of getting my money early. Kicking myself this year for it. My wife wants to beat me over it, but honestly I checked yes in turbotax that I had healthcare from healthcar.gov and it went right on by without asking for 1095a or I would have stopped and waited.

We are in the same boat as everyone here. Faxed my 1095a and 8962 (which is a pain to fill out) along with a fax cover sheet on 2/20. I also filed through TT, checked yes for healthcare.gov and never was prompted to complete this or upload my 1095a form. We have used TT for the past 5 years and this is the first year we’ve had coverage through the market place so I had no idea it was needed. It sounds like people who are receiving more money are getting their update quicker than those who owe money. We owe but I am still optimistic for an update soon. I will keep you posted.

I have a really nice refund coming and I have no update. I faxed my papers the 15th and still waiting. I read on the facebook pages people were getting wmr updates today. Im pretty sure Im a weekly update so we wont know anything till saturday when they update weekly people.
subbwife

I’m sick lol I called this morning they got my fax las Thursday she said it’s been updated in my file but has not made it to the processing stage and even after they process it in the 7to 10 days I could still take 6 weeks say that’s the time limit she have to give claim she dnt know anyone who has got it before.so looking for the worst praying for the best outcome....

They say 6-8 weeks but Ive seen plenty of people getting ddd after faxijg papers in. I havent yet but they cant say that thay dont anybody who has. I spoke with an advocate and she told me that once your return is corrected and put back in process then 7-21 days. Ive got 9 days in and hoping for a ddd saturday.
subbwife

I faxed mines Thursday if u happen to get your date please keep us updated

Please help is sent my forms in last wed and reading from everyone else they sent in a cover letter but when I called the letter never told me to send in a cover letter. I never got the letter from the irs on how to send it in. Can someone that has done this tell me if this will affect anything.

There is a control/batch number on the letter the irs sends you. If you dont have a cover letter with that number and a few other must have I dont think they will do anything with your info. You have to wait on the letter send in the correct papers or a refund, if you recieve a refund with fixing this error you must submit a amended return by mail.
subbwife

On my letter it said don’t amend it

Sending in my 8962 form with my 1095A hoping it does not take 6 weeks. I got impatient this year and now im paying for it ..
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies