Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

md2o1o

I am running the numbers to see if married separate will be better. Do I add both w2s at the same time?

Do I add the information for both of us and let Turbo tax separate or do I need to create a file for each of us?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am running the numbers to see if married separate will be better. Do I add both w2s at the same time?

Since you are using the CD/download product, there is a feature in forms mode that you can use to determine what the taxes would be filing jointly or separately. You must enter everything as if you are filing jointly and then use the tool to show the difference.

After entering everything, go to forms mode and type what-if in the search box and click on what-if worksheet and you will see where you can select married filing separately to see what the difference is.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Since you are using the CD/download product, there is a feature in forms mode that you can use to determine what the taxes would be filing jointly or separately. You must enter everything as if you are filing jointly and then use the tool to show the difference.

After entering everything, go to forms mode and type what-if in the search box and click on what-if worksheet and you will see where you can select married filing separately to see what the difference is.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies