februaryis1978

Should I change my tax deductions at work since I have gotten married this year?

I have added my wife as a dependent since she is on disability.
Bsch4477

A spouse can never be claimed as a dependent but being able to file as married jointly should be a tax advantage. You could change your W-4 to reflect that. 

rjs

You can use the Tax Withholding Estimator on the IRS web site to figure out what you should put on your W-4 form.

Your spouse cannot be claimed as a dependent.   File a joint return for 2022.

If you were legally married at the end of 2022 your filing choices are married filing jointly or married filing separately.

Married Filing Jointly is usually better, even if one spouse had little or no income. When you file a joint return, you and your spouse will get the married filing jointly standard deduction of $25,900 (+$1400 for each spouse 65 or older)  You are eligible for more credits including education credits, earned income credit, child and dependent care credit, and a larger income limit to receive the child tax credit. 

When you enter your own information in My Info, you have to answer the question "Were you married?"  If you click the button for Married, then a drop down will appear that asks, "Do you want to file this return together with your spouse?"  Then you choose yes to file a joint return.  You would then enter your spouse's information into Personal Info.  Whenever you are entering income information there should then be a spot for you and for your spouse's income information.

When you prepare a joint return you include all the information for both spouses on the SAME tax return.  Include all of your personal information, all of your income from every source, all dependents (if any), all credits and deductions for both of you.  You get ONE refund with both names on it.