Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tkunkle

Should I be filing a joint return with my wife if she has never worked outside the home and is disabled?

Would it help me file as head of household? Prior years it has come up as Married filing jointly. My wife has no income. Which is correct?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Should I be filing a joint return with my wife if she has never worked outside the home and is disabled?

Married Filing Jointly is the best filing status for you, even if one of you didn't work or is disabled.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Married Filing Jointly is the best filing status for you, even if one of you didn't work or is disabled.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

By filing as “Married Filing Jointly” you will each get the $4050 personal exemptions and the standard deduction of $12,600 for a married couple.

You can file a joint return even if one of the spouses had little or no income.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies