Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I be able to open a downloaded Turbo Tax 2023 with a mac OS Big Sur 11.7.10.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Should I be able to open a downloaded Turbo Tax 2023 with a mac OS Big Sur 11.7.10.

Mac Desktop Products (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business)

Operating Systems

• macOS Monterey 12 or later (macOS Big Sur 11 not supported)
    • Specific macOS: macOS Monterey 12, macOS Ventura 13, macOS Sonoma 14

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/tta-system-requirements

So I have purchased a product I can’t use. I assume that is lost money. I have purchased on line for years and don’t recall a choice for this year

@lauren00 wrote:

So I have purchased a product I can’t use. I assume that is lost money. I have purchased on line for years and don’t recall a choice for this year

Use this TurboTax website to request a refund - https://accounts.intuit.com/app/oirr

Use this TurboTax website to look up a charge - https://accounts.intuit.com/app/oicl

I have the same problem,,,,I purchased TT Delux 2023 and it will not run on my Mac with OS 11.7.10.  Will Intuit fix this?

Sorry no,  you need Mac OS 12 or higher.  You can get a refund and then use the Online version when it opens in December.  Or find a newer computer to install it.  

If you used the Desktop program last year here’s How to transfer into the Online version, expand the blue link if you used the CD/download last year

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-...

If you used the Desktop program before you may notice several differences and not like the online version.  It has less features and no Forms Mode.  You can only do 1 return.  Your return is only saved online so be sure to save both the .tax2023 data file and the pdf file to your computer when you are done.  In case you need to amend in the future or if you need a copy to get a loan or something.  You might not be able to access your online return when you need a copy.

I have the same issue and I'm disappointed with TurboTax, which I've used for almost 20 years.

I have a 9-year old MacBook Pro that works great for everything I need...but won't run TT2023!   I don't want to use any company's on-line tax software, and I don't want to buy a new computer just for tax prep.  So it seems this year I will need to stop using TT, and I will likely switch to HR Block.

HR Block's Deluxe downloadable edition seems to only cost $49, allows the same number of filings (including State) as TT Deluxe, and it supports Mac OS as far back as 10.15.  I read reviews saying that TT  is slightly more user-friendly, but TT doesn't seem so committed to supporting customers of their downloadable products.

I have the same problem - 2014 iMac with Big Sur wont load TT2023 that I paid for. Not the first time TT has let me down like this. A couple of years ago I was halfway through my return when Apple pushed an update and I couldnt finish up on time. I'm not tossing a perfectly good Mac for TT. It's not clear to me if I could use my license to pay for the online version, but from what I read it's has some significant disadvatages compared to the download version. Looking at other options. 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

It is worth talking with customer service about using your license to buy the online version.  Use this link to request a refund and inquire about using your license to purchase another version.

@bernsm

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same issue. I have a 9 year old Mac Book Pro.  It works perfectly but it will not update to OS 12.  Intuit really fumbled on this decision.   I have been using Turbo Tax for as long as it has been on the market but I won't buy a new computer just to file my personal income taxes. 

Hey There.  I've been doing turbo tax since I started doing my taxes when I was 18.  

Surprised that Mac 11.7.10 is no longer supported, but I can return product to Costco.  

Mostly after 45 years or so of using Turbo Tax, I am disappointed that I can no longer use their products.

I suppose they don't need us old time loyal clients.

okay.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies