Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

self-employment and unemployment wages: Something went wrong error...

I am getting multiple "Something Went Wrong Errors" when trying to input income for unemployment and for self-employment (1099)

Please help correct this issue with TurboTax online. I already cleared out my cache and re-logged into my account.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Please clarify your question.

• Did you have both self-employment and unemployment income?
  • Self-employment doesn't count for unemployment.  Did you have another job? 
  • Did the error include any other statement to describe what was wrong?

Please contact us again with any questions, and provide some additional details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have both unemployment and self-employment income. I have an 1099-G and a 1099-NEC forms. When I click yes to all the promts to add under each section your website errors out.Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 1.41.30 PM.png

I see others are having the same exact issue and they can't resolve it it either. Please fix your online software. I am ready to not use turbotax for the first time in many years.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

One solution may be to remove the 1099-NEC and enter the income directly on your self employment.  Entering this form is not required, it's only to make preparing your return a little easier.

• To enter this income directly on your self employment activity section of your return Search (upper right) > Type schedule c > Click the Jump to.... link

This may allow you to continue completing your tax return. Be sure to delete your 1099-NEC if you choose to move forward with the instructions above. See the images below.

@SaraJeanne08 

I have not been able to add any of my 1099's because I get the something went wrong screen before I can iput anything after I click the yes to the following question:

Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 5.14.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-02-20 at 5.15.36 PM.png

I also tried to manually enter but everything is greyed out for total income.

Also, I do not have that level of search / jump to schedule C with turbo tax online. You are showing turbo tax desktop screenshots...

This is my search option and I can't jump to this / manually enter....Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 5.28.01 PM.png

@SaraJeanne08 

Entering Schedule C in the Search box using the Premium online 2023 edition -

Schedule C Jump To.JPG

I am using deluxe, not premium.... are you saying I have to upgrade to be able to get the jump to link and be able to manually input 1099's???

There is no jump to schedule C with the search box - only help topics as shown in my prior screenshot...

when will these errors be fixed for the online deluxe version?

@SaraJeanne08 wrote:

I am using deluxe, not premium.... are you saying I have to upgrade to be able to get the jump to link and be able to manually input 1099's???

There is no jump to schedule C with the search box - only help topics as shown in my prior screenshot...

when will these errors be fixed for the online deluxe version?

Change your web browser to Google Chrome.  You should be able to use the Search function and the Jump to linkage from the Search.

Deluxe online edition -

Schedule C Jump To Deluxe.JPG

Or Click on Federal on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Wages & Income

Scroll down to Self-Employment

On Self-employment income and expenses, click on the start button

I am using chrome and I tried other browsers and get the same error.

I have tried clinking start and it is what causes the error page when click continue (per all my screenshots) and all my posts above!

this is beyond infuriating! Please fix the bugs in your software. I see I am not the only one with this problem.

@SaraJeanne08 Clear your tax return and start over.  This is not systemic failure of the software but localized.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2023 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

I have done this before and it doesn’t help. I am not doing it again, as I spent a long time to get to this point. I am not deleting and wasting more hours repeating everything with your online service.

I have tried all the same measures and am getting the same error on self employment. Ive tried multiple browsers, clearing cache and cookies, trying other devices and computers, and starting from scratch multiple times. This is an issue with Intuit's software. I can also get no help from Intuit even when selecting the Deluxe.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You have tried all the things I would suggest and we are not seeing reports of this issue. Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies