Solved: Self-Employed and received paychecks w/ FICA, SIT, & FIT deductions. Won't receive W-2 or 1099 because payments were too small. Where should I report these in TurboTax?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-Employed and received paychecks w/ FICA, SIT, & FIT deductions. Won't receive W-2 or 1099 because payments were too small. Where should I report these in TurboTax?

Hello All,

I'm self-employed and received paychecks w/ FICA, SIT, & FIT deductions (deducted from my gross pay). I haven't received and was told that I would likely not receive any W-2s or 1099s from these payers because the total pay for the year from each entity were small ($90 to $150). Where should I report these in TurboTax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

Self-Employed and received paychecks w/ FICA, SIT, & FIT deductions. Won't receive W-2 or 1099 because payments were too small. Where should I report these in TurboTax?

If FICA and Federal/State income taxes were withheld, you were an employee, not self-employed.

Your employers should be sending W-2s for those, as there is no minimum amount for the requirement for sending a W-2.  You will just need to wait until you receive them (the have until January 31st to mail them, so you may not receive them until mid-February).

If you do not receive the W-2s by mid-February, you would need to contact the employers to ask for the W-2.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 9

If FICA and Federal/State income taxes were withheld, you were an employee, not self-employed.

Your employers should be sending W-2s for those, as there is no minimum amount for the requirement for sending a W-2.  You will just need to wait until you receive them (the have until January 31st to mail them, so you may not receive them until mid-February).

If you do not receive the W-2s by mid-February, you would need to contact the employers to ask for the W-2.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings