Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mcfly3

Schedule E

Used TT last year first time, no issues. I own a rent home and don't issue any 1099's...management company takes care of property. When filling out info this week for 2020 taxes, everything was fine until the very end...final check....after I've already paid my $$. A page pops up that says, "Check this entry" Says there is an issue with the schedule E. On the Schedule E worksheet, I selected the NO box when asked  "Did you make any payments that would require you to file Form(s) 1099?"  The line below it on the worksheet says, "If yes, did you or will you file all required Form(s) 1099?" The no box is grayed out, but on the Check this Entry page, the "yes" button appears to be encircled in a red ring, as if it wants me to select that. I've talked to four TTax people, none have solved. After the first conversation , I got an email from TT saying the issue was a software one, it had been fixed, and that I should be able to log back in and see the fix. Not happened. I would not be surprised at all if there's something I've done that's messed things up, but I can't see it. Would really like to file my taxes now, but I literally can't...it won't let me push pass this issue. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Schedule E

This is normally caused by a browser issue. 

Use the Chrome browser
Click the three dots in the upper right corner
Select Settings

Privacy and Security

Clear browser data for all time

Then sign in to TurboTax on the Chrome browser
Go to Tax Tools, Tools, Delete a Form and delete your Schedule E
Go to the program and enter the No again for issuing 1099's.

Go through the pages in the income section until it ends and then run Review again.

The error should be gone.

echoes35
Returning Member

Schedule E

This weekend I was not able to complete my return because form 8915-E was not available.  I have checked on the IRS site and I was able to download form 8915-E.  I need to enter my 1099-R information and also put in that i will reDeposit amount within the 3 years allowed to do so without any penalties or taxes withheld.

How can i complete my tax return?

Thank You,

Angel

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Schedule E

The form is not yet ready in TurboTax.   When it is you will be able to waive the 10% penalty and spread the ordinary tax over 3 years.  Use the link below to be notified when it is ready.  

At this point and time, Form 8915-E (Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Use for Coronavirus-Related Distributions)) is not finalized.

The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021

Please sign-up here and we will email you once the form is live.    @echoes35

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Schedule E

I am using the mac desktop version of TT.  I am done with everything, but I keep getting an error around "Schedule E Worksheet (Untitled): Fed Profit/Loss Allowed must be entered."  I have NO idea what this is.  The closest thing I can think of is that I had a rental property in 2020, but not in 2021.  I passed the Federal Return fine, but it's getting caught in the CA State section.  It's not properly carrying info from Federal to State I think, but whatever the case, it's blocking me from submitting, and it's extremely frustrating.

GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

Schedule E

Look to see if you have Schedule E Worksheet in your list of forms and then delete it if you do not need it.  Deleting the Schedule E Worksheet may clear the error.  

If you are using TurboTax online, follow these steps to delete an unwanted form.

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

@sisubaby

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies