Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sch NJ DOP and it still isnt working properly- Even after update

I Updated my TurboTax today (Feb 17) for the Sch NJ DOP and it still isnt working properly.  I am getting an error saying it needs to be updated...even after i updated my software.

Anyone at know when this will be resolved?  I am unable to e-file.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

121 Replies

Same here.  It looks like the form cannot handle a negative value in the subtotal, but I'm not sure.

It says the same thing for me to, it wont accept 0 or a negative number and is telling me I can't e-file. This is ridiculous. I been using TT for years, I think this will be my last year.

Same here. It does not accept any number (NJ-DOP form) on the TurboTax website.

The message says:

'You must obtain an update before you file your return in order to ensure that all of the calculations are correct'.

The form is available as of today.

Same here, same exact issue. Doesnt let me enter zero or the negative number. Not sure what to do.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@foreshay

In this public forum, we are provided with form availability information, but not an explanation as to why the form is not available until that date.  For additional information, it would be necessary to contact customer support.  To do this, please see this Help Article to get in touch with us.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have a case number with customer service as well.  I was told to wait 1-2 more days as an update is being published to this matter.  Is this true?

goodlewis
Returning Member

had the same issue. called and told this is an ongoing investigation. Although they don't believe this will be fixed.........and they ask me to file by mile

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we do not have access to your personal information. If you have a case number, please feel free to reach back out to Customer Support for an update after the time frame they gave you has passed. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

My case number is the same information that is in this public forum.  Line 4 of the NJ-DOP section is not updating and wont allow me to e-file.

drd psych
Returning Member

I have the same issue regarding line 4 not accepting 0. This is ridiculous. Everyone e-files this day and age. Mailing returns in NJ will either be lost, forcing me to pay extra money to send this express OR it will take forever as NJ mail is slow since 2019.

Checked again today, still no dice.  This is literally the very last piece I need to get this in.  The total looks ok but the form seems to not understand how it got to the final number with one of the lines in the form having a negative value.  Having gains and losses on sales adding to a net gain is not unusual!!!!

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

This is a known issue that was just fixed today. Please update your software and try to e-file again. 

I did the update, got the same error.  I deleted the schedule so that it would regenerate, and got the same error. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone so we can look into this @Morris Bergen

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies