taxsaver

Renting out RV to produce income

I purchased an RV last year that I rent out as an income producing property (70%) and personally use the rest of the year (30%).  I  set up the RV under "rental properties" and my rental property has an asset called "RV" that is depreciating over 5 years. I noticed that my depreciation expense can only be as much as my income produced for 2019. For example: Revenue is $10,000, calculated depreciation is $17,000 but it only let's me take $10,000 so the profit or loss for this property is always 0. Is this a system flaw or am I entering something incorrect. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Renting out RV to produce income

your personal use is too high.   therefore deductions are limited to income 

taxsaver

Renting out RV to produce income

Your response cannot be correct because if I set up this asset as 100% business use it is still limiting the depreciation expense to the revenue that was generated. Is it a software issue?