Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gdvw
Level 1

Rejection code IND-031-04

E-filed a 2020 joint Federal return and mailed a 2021 joint Federal return.  Tried to e-file the 2022 Federal joint return and received rejection code IND-31-04.  Turbotax populated the 2021 AGI and the PIN numbers used for the 2020 e-filed return.  Rejection code IND032-04 was not received.  E-filed a second time after changing both PIN numbers and received the same error code.  How can I fix this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

This rejection code is resolved by using the link below.

How do I Fix Reject Code IND 31-04

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gdvw
Level 1

When I sign into my TurboTax account I do not see Fix my return.  I have the following message:

You haven't filed your taxes with TurboTax yet.
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

So it sounds like you should go through the e-file process to see if the error or reject is still there.  But first, let's clear your cookies, history and cache' then reboot and now proceed to e-file.

Steps to clear your history

Cookies are small files that temporarily store data on your computer. We use them to personalize your experience so you see information you already entered and not items that are irrelevant or repetitive.

On rare occasions, they may make your browser think you already did something that you still need to do. To fix that, you'll need to delete (clear) the cookies from your browser.

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

Related Information:

If you continue to have problems, please come back.

gdvw
Level 1

I cleared the coolies, cache and history and rebooted my computer.  I resent the e-file and received the same rejection code.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Then you need to check your prior year AGI.  The IRS may have changed or adjusted your return after you filed which would result in a mismatch between your 2021 AGI shown on your tax return and the one in the IRS computer.

Log in to the IRS website and see if the transcript of your 2021 return matches the one that you have.  The section of the IRS website to log in or create an account is here.

@gdvw 

gdvw
Level 1

There is a 2021 AGI mismatch between what I filed and the IRS website.  I entered the IRS 2021 AIG and the

e-file was accepted.  Thanks for your help.

clandi

I have the same issue.  Turbotax pulled in an AGI that matches my records from 2021.  I've checked the IRS transcript site and confirmed that it too matches Turbotax and last years filing.  I am still getting rejection code ind-031-04. 

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see How do I fix e-file reject IND-031-04 or IND-032-04? for instructions. 

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with a TurboTax representative who can assist you. 

@gdvw 

@clandi 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies