turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Rejected e-file with error IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt'

Did all that and the only thing that did work was entering $0 for last years AGI.  You must have a bug in programming 

Rejected e-file with error IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt'

I tried entering zero for Spouse Prior Year AGI but it was rejected again. Then I saw some info online that said to answer NO when asked if you filed a 2020 return or not. Tried that and it was accepted.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you.

@Harryh3

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PKris

AGI as $0 for spouse worked for me

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Could you tell us if you are receiving the error IND-032-04? If not, how may we help you?

@PKris

Yes, but someone suggested entering $0 and that worked

I have tried numerous times for the past 2 days to E-File our 2021 State and Federal returns but keep getting the above rejection error (IND-032-04).  This is the first time that we've purchased and used TurboTax ourselves - for the past 15+ years an accountant friend has prepared our returns (using TurboTax) and provided us with paper returns which we then filed by mail.  Our filing status has always been Married Filing Jointly (which we are doing again for 2021). This morning I even downloaded a 2020 return transcript from the IRS which also shows our status as Married Filing Jointly - and there is nothing on the transcript that indicates my wife has her own AGI amount - it only shows the same exact AGI that I entered into TurboTax. So, how can the system keep asking us for a number that doesn't exist??

Someone suggested entering $0 and that let me file it.  No answer from Turbo tax to explain why.

UPDATE - 3/5/2022 -

My wife and I file jointly and always have been for the past 40 years.  I have only used this program for the last 2 years and had the problem for both 2021 and 2022. 

THIS YEAR, after the 2nd try, I PUT 0 (ZERO) in my wife's AGI and the THE RETURN WAS ACCEPTED and got my refund yesterday, less than 3 weeks later.

I do not know why the program automatically fills in the same amount as the spouse's box.  It would seem logical to me, if you are filing jointly and the first box shows the full AGI amount, why would you need to fill in the spouse's box with a number.

Anyway, we will wait and see until next year if I am audited.

Sorry, I meant to say 2020 and 2021 tax reporting years, not 2021 and 2022.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Do you mean to enter $0 (zero) on the 'original' filing page (the page that has only one box for the AGI, along with your and your wife's names, date of birth, and the PINs that you create, etc., on it)?

I ask this because I did try entering $0 (zero) on the 'correction page' (where only my wife's name appeared), and although it took longer to get the rejection message, that wasn't accepted either. 

Thanks again!

Thank you for the quick reply.

Do you mean that you entered $0 (zero) on the 'correction page' (where only your wife's name appeared), because I tried that and although it took longer to get the rejection message (IND-032-04), the return still wasn't accepted.  I wonder if I should try again...

Thanks!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@DRC1949

Please try the steps in the Help Article here for further assistance in regards to that Rejection.  If this does not work for you, please comment back in the thread for someone to follow up with the next steps.  

I had tried all these things to no avail, only thing that let it through was entering $0.  But still have not gotten Federal refund.

Thanks again.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies