Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AX21

Refund Processing fee

What is the Refund Processing Fee?  Why do I have to pay it and to whom is the recipient of this fee, IRS or Turbo Tax?  Why am I not made aware of this fee until the very end of the e-file process? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Refund Processing fee

Did you choose to have TT fees deducted from your Federal refund?  (Remember that if you did that, you also agreed to an extra refund processing fee of $39.99 or $44.99 in CA)

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

What is Refund Processing Service?

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Refund Processing fee

And....you do not "HAVE" to pay the refund processing fee.   Pay your fees upfront before you file using a credit or debit card instead.

REMOVE REFUND PROCESSING FEE

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900517-how-do-i-remove-refund-processing-fees-in-turbotax-online-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
tcm692

Refund Processing fee

If you pay by cc (not have it deducted from your return), you don't incur additional taxes as well as not having to pay the 'refund processing fee'. 

Certainly misleading when 'efile for free' is advertised all over the place, and then getting hit with a 'fee' for them to process the $45 'security audit defense' as well as purchasing the 'deluxe' version (as I needed to). 

Hope that helps!

Chyrise01

Refund Processing fee

I was not supposed to have been charged nothing for filing My taxes you charged me all most$200 . And it was supposed to be free for low income families

Chyrise01

Refund Processing fee

Where can I expect a reimbursement?

Chyrise01

Refund Processing fee

When will I receive my processing fee back. I was charged right at$200 it was supposed to be free for low income families

Refund Processing fee

You are posting on a user to user discussion forum. This is not TT Support.

Refund Processing fee

@Chyrise01 

Once paid an online fee is NOT refundable ... once presented with the cost you should have STOPPED and asked questions at that time ... we would have told you how to avoid or reduce them.

Next time ... use one of the IRS FREE FILE options to efile the fed/state returns that you must get to thru the IRS website ...  https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

dscocos

Refund Processing fee

Why am I being charge a processing fee I paid for the download of the turbo tax software?

Refund Processing fee

@dscocos We cannot see your screen or your account.   You paid for the CD/download?  Did you use it or accidentally stray into online software? 

We see people get confused and they keep logging in to online software which will require them to pay at the end.   You need to use the desktop software.   One way to tell if you are using the right software---your tool bar.   Online software has the toolbar in a black vertical column on the left side of the screen.   Desktop software has the tools up on the top of your TT screen.

Or did you e-file a state return?   When you use the CD/download there is a fee of $20 to e-file a state return---and you will be offered the option to pay that $20 by having it deducted from your federal refund --- for another whopping $39 "refund processing fee."   Do not fall for that or accept it.  If you are using the CD/download you can completely avoid the state e-file fee by printing and mailing the state return, or pay the $20 using a credit or debit card.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies