turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund advance

I would like to speak with someone who knows information about a tax advance for 2020 tax refund . 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Refund advance

TurboTax does not, and has never, offered loans. Last year they did offer refund "advances" (not loans) to some selected customers, but ONLY after the customer has filed their Federal tax return using TurboTax and it was accepted by the IRS. The customer also had to agree to have their refund direct deposited and sent to TurboTax so that the advance could be recovered. It is not known at this time if that will be offered again for 2019 tax returns. If it is, it will not be until January or February 2020 when the IRS starts processing tax returns.

In addition, this was only offered to selected customers and was not something that yiu could apply for, TurboTax has to offer it to you.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Refund advance

TurboTax is not offering any type of Advance on a 2019 tax refund at this time.  It is not known whether or not TurboTax will offer an Advance in 2020 but if they follow the same procedure as was done for the 2018 tax year it would not be offered until late January or early February of 2020.  Users of the TurboTax online editions cannot request an Advance, it is only offered by TurboTax to select users.

Refund advance

Hi I was wondering how I can get a advance ony refund so I have money for christmas

Refund advance

It's too early to get an Advance for 2019.  I doubt anyone will give you an Advance before the end of the year.  Last year for 2018 returns the Refund Advance was only offered to select customers.  It was a prepaid Visa on which some qualified users could get a refund loan--but only after their tax returns have been filed and accepted by the IRS which won't be until late January.

Info on Tax Advance

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/01/27333

Refund advance

Sigh...Doesn't anyone read these message boards before they post?

Jackie4438
Returning Member

Refund advance

On the deulxe it said 0 for my federal return but on the other it said 909 which is right

Refund advance

My wife had accidentally file my refund with turbo taxe and I didn't know she did how do I unsubmit my refund

Refund advance

You cannot cancel or change or add anything on the return that you e-filed.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return. Which won't be until Feb 12 this year. If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and add or change it and resend it. Click on Add a State to let you back into your return..

If the IRS accepts your return, then you have to wait until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or paid the tax due. THEN you can prepare an amended tax return 1040X and mail it in. You cannot e-file an amended return.  Meanwhile, DO NOT change anything on your return until you start the amended return. If you did change or add the missing info then take it out and put your return back to the way it was when you first filed it.

You can check your efiling status here,
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

How to amend an Online return
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies