turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

avgd

Received W2 from previous employer 4 interest from settlement 4 back wages 2015.Only block Block 16 has entry. Block 1 blank. how would I enter this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Received W2 from previous employer 4 interest from settlement 4 back wages 2015.Only block Block 16 has entry. Block 1 blank. how would I enter this?

To process this information in the program, I would suggest you enter $1 in box 1.  This way, the state information will be recognized and you should be able to pass the e-file requirements ( e-file may not allow with blank in box 1) 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

I'm questioning if you actually have the entire W-2. IS that a 2019 W-2? Don't know if that matters or not, but it could. I'm expecting it to be a 2019 W-2. But expectations can be wrong.

Once I know, I can provide you additional information that may (or may not) apply to your situation. That way, you can make a more informed decision on the course of action you need to take.

, I would suggest you enter $1 in box 1. 

Decent suggestion. But it probably won't work and will result in a computer generated nasty gram from the IRS since the W-2 filed by the tax filer will not be in agreement with the W-2 received from the IRS from the issuer of that W-2. This has a high potential of delaying any refund you may be due also.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies