rupam1306

Received joining bonus of $200 from Chase on Jul'18. No tax deducted & no interest from bank. No 1099-INT provided by bank. Where to show this money in tax return filing?

I have opened a Chase checking account on July 2018, and received a joining bonus of $200. No tax has been deducted so far (SSN was provided during  account opening) and no interest credit for this amount by the bank. Thus, I have not received any 1099-INT. Do I need to show as an income? If Yes, under which head (federal or state) and category I can do the same while filling my tax returns?

MinhT

Yes, you have to report this income as Other Reportable income>

In TurboTax, open your return and follow these steps:

• Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Wages and Income on top of the screen
  • Scroll down to All Income, locate the Less Common Income section
  • Click Show more and click Start next to Miscellaneous Income at the bottom and click Show More
  • On the next page, click Start next to Other Reportable Income (see attached screenshot).
  • Describe the income as Chase bonus and enter the amount