Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bnll

Received a Critical Notice email from: TurboTax@em2.turbotax.intuit.com. Is this legitimate or a scam?

The email stated that I needed to possibly amend my return due to possible duplicate information.  There are several links in the email, but none of my other TurboTax email addresses match with this suspicious one.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Received a Critical Notice email from: TurboTax@em2.turbotax.intuit.com. Is this legitimate or a scam?

Don't click on any of the links. The email may be a PHISHING SCAM to get your information. Call TTax using the customer service on your software. I hope this helped.

Suspicious email can sometimes be a scheme to get you to share your personal info. These scams come in different forms but often look pretty convincing. Here are a few things to look for if you’re not sure an email came from Intuit.

• We’ll never ask for your personal info in an email.
  • Our emails will always come from an email address that ends with @intuit.com. This includes @e.intuit.com.
  • Any link we send you in an email will always be for an intuit.com address.

Check out our online security tips to help you keep your information safe.

Got an Intuit email you aren't sure about? Check out our security notices for details of suspicious emails reported by other Intuit customers.

Warning:  Suspicious emails will say they are from Intuit and may ask you to take actions like logging in, providing personal information, or downloading "tools." If you have received one of these emails, do not open it or access any of the links. Go to the Intuit Online Security Center for more information.

This link has more information for you. 

https://security.intuit.com/?_ga=2.21607672.2137818462.1649796848-1612093186.1637010605

Thank you! 

ERoF
Level 1

This reply doesn't answer the question directly. Is the specific email address to OP shared legit? Are you saying all email addresses that end in intuit.com are legit?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You are responding to an old thread that may have outdated information.  Are you concerned about an email you received from TurboTax or Intuit? Please let us know the exact message you received and someone will reach out here in the thread with the next steps.  

@ERoF

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

VERY good question.  I have the same question, even though it is a year later from the original question.  I have already talked with customer service and IDNotify at Turbo Tax.  And, I have run into a problem that I cannot send a copy of the most likely fraudulent email I have gotten.  Today, I got another one just like I did a day or two ago. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

What is the email stating exactly that is concerning? @mlynn0924 

It came from the email address mentioned above.  I am not allowed to post it now -- it was rejected.

It came two days after my federal and state tax forms had been filed and accepted on 3/27/2023.  It stated that Turbo Tax is just about finished with my tax returns and that I needed to sign in (gave the sign in button at the bottom) to finish my return.   I got another e-mail from them again yesterday, and I deleted it.

I called Turbo Tax and talked with a couple of people, including IDNotify, about it.  I couldn't send it to Turbo Tax, because the Postmaster rejects the email. 

Maybe it's for another account.  It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

I am convinced that the email posted by Bnll above is a fraudulent email address. 

Thanks, but I have only used one email address and one User ID since I have been using Turbo Tax.  The crazy thing is that the email used the first two letters of my user ID and then the last two parts of my user ID.  How did they get that far?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

So we can take a closer look at your specific situation, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@mlynn0924 

LoHynson

I noticed that no one got any real answers & I actually was able to figure out myself that this email

TurboTax@em2.turbotax.intuit.com

is legit…

I got an email from them & was confused until I did a few tests of my own to see why & I hit download my return & got an email from them letting me know my email was accessed right as soon as I hit download. I never out 2 & 2 together with the timing before when I would go on & do anything regarding my taxes…

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies