kris.kiran.k

Received a corrected W2 from my employer with corrected social security and medicare wages. Edited the W2 information as suggested.Still the tool shows no changes.

I had the previous return (.2017tax) file. I edited the W2 information as suggested by the turbotax software (premier) and updated the social security and medicare wages. But final summary doesn't show any change. Should I continue to file the 1040X with the corrected W2 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

a change in social security  and medicare wages would not necessarily change your federal tax liability unless you had multiple jobs (w-2's and or self employment income) and went over the social security limit.  other situations, which apparently don't apply to you, would change your federal liability.     the instructions for 1040-x say to file if your 1040 changes which in your case it doesn't 

Anonymous
Not applicable