turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Received a corrected W2 from my employer with corrected social security and medicare wages. Edited the W2 information as suggested.Still the tool shows no changes.

I had the previous return (.2017tax) file. I edited the W2 information as suggested by the turbotax software (premier) and updated the social security and medicare wages. But final summary doesn't show any change. Should I continue to file the 1040X with the corrected W2 ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a corrected W2 from my employer with corrected social security and medicare wages. Edited the W2 information as suggested.Still the tool shows no changes.

a change in social security  and medicare wages would not necessarily change your federal tax liability unless you had multiple jobs (w-2's and or self employment income) and went over the social security limit.  other situations, which apparently don't apply to you, would change your federal liability.     the instructions for 1040-x say to file if your 1040 changes which in your case it doesn't 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

a change in social security  and medicare wages would not necessarily change your federal tax liability unless you had multiple jobs (w-2's and or self employment income) and went over the social security limit.  other situations, which apparently don't apply to you, would change your federal liability.     the instructions for 1040-x say to file if your 1040 changes which in your case it doesn't 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies