turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Whats my tax id number

no
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Whats my tax id number

Your tax id number is your social security number. If you are asking about your employer's EIN or Tax ID number, then that is a number that will be on the W-2 that you get from your employer.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Whats my tax id number

Your tax id number is your social security number. If you are asking about your employer's EIN or Tax ID number, then that is a number that will be on the W-2 that you get from your employer.

Whats my tax id number

If you are self-employed, and want to get an EIN (employer ID number, tax number), you can do that online with the IRS in about 20 minutes.  It's a good idea, because then you don't have to give out your personal SSN.  But you have to apply.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-n...>...
Smoke400
Returning Member

Whats my tax id number

I just file my taxes but did put I'd number after filing 

Smoke400
Returning Member

Whats my tax id number

Did sign my taxes 

Smoke400
Returning Member

Whats my tax id number

Did not sign my taxes on my cell phone 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Whats my tax id number

You tax ID number is the identification number associated with you or your business, if applicable. If you are not self-employed or entering the tax information from a K-1 from a business that you are the owner of, then your tax ID number would be your social security number.

If you are reporting information for a business you own or are associated with, then the tax ID number would be the number associated with the business. Your social security number would consist of nine numbers in this order:  xxx-xx-xxxx, whereas a business tax ID number would be nine numbers in this order: xx-xxxxxxx.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tholsti1234
Returning Member

Whats my tax id number

I need to know what my tax I'd aka itin tax number where can I find this number on my tax forms I filled thru you.

Whats my tax id number

@Tholsti1234 wrote:

I need to know what my tax I'd aka itin tax number where can I find this number on my tax forms I filled thru you.

It is your Social Security number.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies