turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can I install TT Premier and TT Deluxe (via CD) on the same computer at the same time, or do I need to uninstall one before installing the other?

@taxidr23 wrote:

I already have a Turbo Tax  Federal + State program on my laptop.  I have several family members, one of which has earnings in three states.  If I purchase another Federal + State package, will I be able to use those two states on the same return??

No.   Just add another state to the program you have.    

Just start a new tax return and if the state is different it will ask you if you want to a purchase another state.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Can I install TT Premier and TT Deluxe (via CD) on the same computer at the same time, or do I need to uninstall one before installing the other?

Missed my point!!!

Yes.  I can pay $45 to add a state to the program I have.  I would rather pay $50 to get five more e-files and a State!!  Can I add the State available with the new package to the program I already have running.  The State programs are not really that helpful and hardly worth an additional $45 each.

No.  That wont work.  You can't get another state or more efiles by buying another federal program.   And it shouldn't cost more than buying another whole version just to buy the second state.

5 efiles is an IRS limit.  You can't get more by buying another program.

@taxidr23 wrote:

Missed my point!!!

Yes.  I can pay $45 to add a state to the program I have.  I would rather pay $50 to get five more e-files and a State!!  Can I add the State available with the new package to the program I already have running.  The State programs are not really that helpful and hardly worth an additional $45 each.

No. you cannot install a second program and it will NOT allow 5 more e-files.   The 5 limit is an IRS limit regardless of how many CD's or downloads you purchase.    It intended to prevent paid preparers  to use the less expensive personally software rather than professional software to file multiple returns.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Unfortunate.  A return mailed in to the IRS during the extended 2020 filing season still has not been processed.  They can not even say if they have it.

I am filing two different persons tax returns. One for Louisiana and one for Missouri. What do I ned to do to file a 2nd state?

THAT IS NOT WHAT I ASKED YOU. I HAVE ONLY ONE TAX PROGRAN BUT NEED 2 STATES

@ladydiannems4 wrote:

THAT IS NOT WHAT I ASKED YOU. I HAVE ONLY ONE TAX PROGRAN BUT NEED 2 STATES

You are asking a question on a thread that was created and answered two years ago.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop editions and need a second state that is not the free state you downloaded then click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Download State.

The additional state program is $45.

Is the answer below still accurate for Premier 2023?   

@jrhambydad   You have added on to a very very old thread.  The answers are not current for 2023.  What is your question or problem?  You should start a brand new post.  Click on  Make a new post at the very bottom of this screen.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies