turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

davymp

Why wont this software let me delete my K-1? I have no information on the form and it keeps asking for info for this form before I can file electronically.

I originally thought that I would have to do a K-1 but found out that I don't have too.  When I print my tax return docs it's not showing any K-1 information, but it still won't let me file my taxes without fill in information on the K-1 form.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why wont this software let me delete my K-1? I have no information on the form and it keeps asking for info for this form before I can file electronically.

Try deleting it this way.  Go to the K-1 interview section here

Federal

Wages and Income

Then scroll way down to Business Items

Schedules K-1, Q - Click the Start or Update button

If the first screen says "Do you want to review Schedule K-1?". You have to answer yes and then click Update by  the Schedule K-1 type (LLC, S corp, trust). The next screen is the Summary screen listing all of the K-1 entered for that type of entity.  You can review, edit or delete it there.

One user found he had to add a fake name first.....

I figured out that I had to actually start fixing this problem by entering a fake K-1 name to the TurboTax request and then going back to the "Update the Schedule K-1" and deleting the fake K-1 name.  

You should be able to simply delete the form from form view. I experienced the same situation. I had a blank K-1 also, but there were 2 forms related to K-1s that I had to delete before the final check would let me go on.

I switched to form view, found the files with K-1 in their names and deleted both.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies