turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why won't TurboTax Online accept the amounts I enter about my 2019 state refund on the"tell us about your refund" screen and reject amounts entered as less than zero?

Regarding entering my 2019 state refund, the program will not advance beyond the "Tell us about your refund" screen. It reloads the same page with the messages "Refund amount can't be less than 0 (zero) and "Total Payment amount has to be 0 or more." I entered positive numbers in both boxes.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Why won't TurboTax Online accept the amounts I enter about my 2019 state refund on the"tell us about your refund" screen and reject amounts entered as less than zero?

You may need to delete the form, re-add it and reenter your information. You can follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ on how to delete a form. You may also have to log out of the program, clear your cache and cookies, and log back in. Please see the TurboTax FAQ here for instructions on clearing your cache. See here for instructions on clearing your cookies. You may also try using another browser or using the phone app here if the above does not work. If none of these resolve the issue, contact customer support here for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you EbonyL122824. I discovered that changing to a different browser made everything work much better. I am grateful for your response and expertise in solving my difficulties. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies