Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hlnwlz22

Why wasn't I notified about TurboTax not being opened until February 3rd before I fill out my taxes with them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Why wasn't I notified about TurboTax not being opened until February 3rd before I fill out my taxes with them?

Where are you seeing this about February 3?  TurboTax is open and the IRS will begin receiving tax returns on January 27.

Are you referring to a form or schedule included in your tax return that in not yet finalized for filing?  If so, click on Review for the availability date.

I got the same response as I was signing off to file. It said everything was correct so why does it say intuit isn’t filing until the 3rd?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is currently filing returns.  Certain forms are not yet complete and some states are not yet accepting all returns.

You can see a complete list of forms and their availability here: 

IRS Forms Availability

State Tax Forms Availability.

Taxpayers filing in the state of Georgia need to wait to file until the 3rd of February to files those returns.  The Georgia Department of Revenue isn't yet accepting tax returns.

However, the forms are ready and you can prepare the returns now.  You will just need to wait until February 3rd to transmit them.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Very informative. Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies