turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Traceykadner
Returning Member

Why was my stimulus rejected

That link gives different addresses for different forms is this form “the 1040” ? Thank you !!!!

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

Yes it is a 1040, and I expect it does not include a payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Traceykadner
Returning Member

Awesome thank you 

IRS is a thorn in my side. It first rejected the 2018 AGI for my mother in law for not matching, though it did accept it for my father in law from their jointly filed taxes.  How could his be right and hers wrong when it's the same number from the same form? I've already filed my 2019 taxes, but didn't supply my direct deposit information, and told to do so before April 15th. But it keeps rejecting my form since I already filed, it says to mail the form, which that won't arrive in time for me to receive a direct deposit.  IRS says a portal is coming soon, but not there yet. IRS says use Turbo tax, which still rejects my form. Tried multiple times using the advice to logout and reopen again.  

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

It will always reject because you already filed a return.  You only use the portal if you are not required to file a return.

The IRS is working on creating a portal for you to enter your deposit information.  No word on how long before it is available.

Follow this site for updates:

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

Traceykadner
Returning Member

I mauled in my 1040 with banking information as I keep getting reject as well ... hopefully the IRS will update my direct deposit and I’ll get the stimulus check 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

If you mailed in your return you do not need to do anything more.  The stimulus reject this thread is referring to is the portal for people who are not required to file.  If someone who filed already enters info into the portal it will reject because you already filed a return.

Traceykadner
Returning Member

That’s incorrect I have filed 2018 and don’t want to file 2019 yet , and I want my stimulus check so I sent in updating banking information as 2018 when I filed I owed money , so they don’t have my banking info on file ! I want to get me the stimulus check so I’m sending my banking information 1040 form ... so they can add my banking info and hopefully get my stimulus check by direct deposit, another person on here advised me to do exactly this so I don’t wait weeks and weeks for the paper check by USPS 

Traceykadner
Returning Member

I have tried many times to do the stimulus Check  portal on here to do exactly what you’re saying it keeps rejecting it I was told by another person on here to print out my stimulus registration and send it in to the IRS because they do not have my deposit banking information on file I do not want to file my 2019 return just yet I have a 2018 on file with the IRS but they do not have banking information I was told to send in the 1040 with the stimulus registration info to them so they can get me the stimulus check by direct deposit and not by USPS that would take weeks and weeks and weeks to get This is why I’m doing this 

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

These links may help explain and guide you through the process.

The free TurboTax Stimulus Registration product is designed to help you register with the IRS if you’re not required to file a tax return, to get your stimulus money.

The product is only for people who normally don’t need to file a return.

The product doesn’t work if you:

• Already filed your taxes with TurboTax and need to add/update your direct deposit info.
  • Filed your taxes with someone else.

From <https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/who-can-use-the-turbotax-stimulus-registration-pro...>

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you uses this link that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return. It also has the calculator.

The IRS says it is working on developing a web-based system for people to give the government their direct-deposit information. Keep checking www.irs.gov/coronavirus for more details on this.

The IRS is in the process of creating a site

If you only want to change your Direct Deposit Information

The Treasury is expected to shortly announce an online portal where direct deposit information can be supplied to the IRS. Here is what you should do: 

Go to  http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know to see if they have set up the online portal. (This article will be updated with the web address once it’s available.)

Bebot94
Returning Member

This lady dont know **bleep**, her response as an "expert" is to unplug wait for 1 min and plug back in what a **bleep**ing joke

How about you just fix the damned problem. 

I called and told them 

ryder1919

I received a text stating my stimulus request was rejected..I logged back into TURBO TAX and saw that I had to fix an error of entering my 6 digit pin from IRS ..I haven't filed taxes in 3 years. I don't have a pin.  Called the number that was given to receive pin..states not accepting calls.  Go online to request pin and get error of info doesn't match.

So if it auto rejects because I did a return, do they still send the direct deposit info to IRS. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies