turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

the11firm

Why isn’t Apple Pay working?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you receiving an error message when you attempt to use Apple Pay? If so, what is the error message?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just tried to process payment for tax return using Apple Pay.  My CC was charged but turbo tax app says not processed.  Called CC company and they said the charge definitely went through.  Been on the phone with turbo tax for well over 30 minutes and still no resolution. 

whiteyoda16
Returning Member

Same

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Try clearing your cache and restarting to see if this helps. If not Turbo Tax customer care information has been provided for you.

How to clear cache

Turbo Tax phone number

ApplePay is not accepted by Turbo Tax and the charges are pending authorizations that will fall off the account. Turbo Tax will not be collecting the funds, nor will an order be placed or paid for the services. I would recommend that you proceed to google chrome (if you do not already have it on a device) and sign in to your Turbo Tax Online account. After you are signed in the return needs to be opened; click on review or another link just to get the return open; Now that the return is opened you can click on the option file on the left-hand side in the gray box; the screen should say Congratulations.....You have x amount of steps before you can file. Click on the 1st step, scroll down past the fee amounts and click on Pay with Credit Card (this will allow you to pay fees and continue to either e-file or print to file). When finished you would then go through the last 2 remaining steps and proceed to file the return with no duplicate charges as the issue is with apple pay. The pending authorizations typically fall off of the account in 2-5 business days; your bank could provide you with more information on their policy as far as transactions that will not post.

I used Apple Pay, return never filed because of error BUT THE FUNDS WERE CHARGED to my credit card...NOT an authorization, an actual charge verified with my cc company at the time and still on my card a month later.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out directly to TurboTax customer service:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

matthewscca67
Returning Member

Ironically, Apple pay STILL doesn't work (7/2020). Just got off the phone with someone from TurboTax who verified I was not alone in having no success with Apple Pay. Double irony? That is the only way to pay on an iPad or iPhone unless you want to pay with your refund (and get charged an extra $50).

Get it together Intuit!

payneroy

I can purchase other things with my apple pay but get error message from turbo tax "hmmm looks like we hit a snag" check internet and retry.. I have tried to pay for 2 days now.. same message. everything is linked properly with my apple acvount and credit card.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried clearing your cache and refreshing? This may help. Help with doing so has been provided by clicking here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies