Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is it taking so long to make the K-1 1065 2023 form to be available? My software says "available soon." It's already mid February 2024. What is the delay?

Thanks, but regarding the link, tldr … like most software licenses.

As a Champ, do you speak for Intuit?

I was, like most here, disappointed in the delay of the K-1 for the f1065. But, now that I have it, I am still waiting on Fidelity for 1099s. Your delay, as frustrating as it was, is inconsequential.

What is of far greater importance is not the delay, but the spotty handling of 1099s in general. My taxes doubled! … until I discovered that when I imported from MY account and then MY WIFE’S account, I had to discover that several 1099s were duplicates … and TurboTax was clueless to that. Once, I deleted the dups, my taxes looked about right … but they were WRONG! Fidelity still has 2 1099s, that are listed, but awaiting finalization … and TurboTax was clueless, again.

So instead of posting the ‘license agreement’ … as in " Take that, scum!" … the better response would have been to explain that there were legitimate reasons for the delay, not just that it was low priority (if that’s true).

Many in this thread have been using TurboTax for years ! Why would Intuit want to piss them off?

Why is it taking so long to make the K-1 1065 2023 form to be available? My software says "available soon." It's already mid February 2024. What is the delay?

@ChezProvence wrote:

As a Champ, do you speak for Intuit?

No, but someone in this thread mentioned warranties, which have been disclaimed in the license agreement.

Further, limitations of liability have been set forth in the same agreement.

Thanks Chez Provence,

Champ has given me some good advice in the past, so I am inclined to give a pass on this one. The contract does not void a Warranty of Merchantability, which is based more on common law. At any rate good business is good business, excuses are not.

@WilHen02 wrote:

The contract does not void a Warranty of Merchantability, which is based more on common law. 

The license agreement does precisely the following (below). However, note that in no way am I going to condone the situation with respect to the delay in the K-1 section of the program.

To disclaim the warranty of merchantability in the relevant agreement, the written contract must contain a conspicuous disclaimer that either: (1) expressly identifies “merchantability” or (2)  includes an expression stating that the goods are sold “as is” or “with all faults.”

Ok, now for the full text;

Disclaimers

We don't make any warranties about the Platform except as expressly stated in this Agreement.

The only warranties we make about the Platform are (1) stated in this Agreement, or (2) as provided under applicable laws. The Platform is otherwise provided “as-is,” and we do not make any other warranties about the Platform. Unless required by law, we do not provide implied warranties, such as the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. We do not warrant that the Platform is error-free, secure, or free from any viruses or other harmful components. We also do not provide any warranties with respect to data loss or to the accuracy, reliability, or availability of the Platform, nor of any content (including any Content) or information made available in the Platform. If the exclusions for implied warranties do not apply to you, any implied warranties are limited to sixty (60) days from the date of purchase or delivery of the Platform, whichever is sooner.

Note ;

" Unless required by Law",  "If the exclusions for implied warranties do not apply to you".

And, Does a partial delivery start the 60 day clock ? Or  is "delivery" only complete when the program is complete?

But nobody is going to chase after a hundred bucks through arbitration!

b16
Level 2

That's not the only forms not available 8915 isn't available either.  It was supposed to be available in January, then they changed the date to 2/21/24.  They sent me an email on 2/19/24 that the forms were available, but it is now 2/26/24 and they still aren't available.  I could have filed in January, but their forms are holding me up.  I will look into another tax program next year also.  Never had issues with Turbotax before and have been using for years.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is aware of the problem and is working with Developers to resolve soon.  Form 8915-F does show as being available on the Form Availability List.  However, some software updates are being implemented which has resulted in a delay.  Please check back after 3/8/2024, update your software if you are in the desktop version of the software, and try to proceed with your return.  (If you are online, the software will already have all updates loaded.) 

@b16 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
b16
Level 2

Thank you for responding, but the dates keep getting pushed back for the availability of the form and when I call the agents say it is the IRS holding the form up.  April 15 will be here before we know it, but will form 8915F be available in time?

plus app riddled with bugs. K1 came out and app is barfing all over the place.

It is 2/29/24!!!! Why can't I file a 1065 and K-1s?

Quit the program … restart … download forms. The K-1s have been available since the 22nd.

I got an expert on the phone and I cannot file because GA will not be available for filing until 3/8/24.

… then move to Florida.… no State income tax.

Chez , 

I've had the K-1 form. Just does not work for all. Are you saying "update" does not really update?

The K-1 form1065 became available 2/22 for my Mac desktop version … TT reports it was a available for all versions at that time. I closed the TT program and reopened it, at which point it gave the ‘new forms are available’ message. Before that, I had the K-1 in Forms view, but EasyStep would not go beyond that. After the download, it would.

My K-1 was simple, so I could have also deleted the form and then recreate it … that worked when my eFile was rejected twice due to an ‘invisible’ typo on the energy credit form … but the download of the new version of the form will be necessary … Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies