Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8839 not available?

I really don't have a problem with the form being released late, it's the nerve of Intuit not explaining this before they except payment and taking the payment out your bank account that bothers me. I think they should allow the costumers to make a decision if they still want to file or wait until another day 

I’d like to know this also. First it was 2/10 to be ready and now it’s 3/3. What’s going on? 

Have you found out anything more about this form? 

Turbo Tax has lost my 10 year business as of this year!!!! Due to this form not being available, date change 3xs (2/10, 2/17, 3/3). I filed with HR Block and was accepted under 5 mins. Requested a refund from TT which was denied!!! They will NEVER get me again and it's a shame because I prepare over 2 dozen of my family & friends here as well, but I will be preparing them with HR Block as well!! This SO VERY UNPROFESSIONAL OF THEM!!!!

Yep, just found out I cannot get a refund of the 78 I paid them. I'm just out I guess so I will not be going back, 

Agree 100% I think the BBB and the attorney General will need to be contacted, maybe that will get my money back. 

Intuit had the nerve to send me a survey and of course I gave all O's. I guess the O's were not what they were expecting because there was a follow up phone call by Intuit. All I want to hear is that my money will be returned to me. As of today Hello H&R Block, Good-bye Intuit. 

Something has to be done. Maybe a class action lawsuit will stop them from ever doing this again. 

@Kgaer Wowww. I see I'm not the only one. This is truly sad as I didn't want to take my info or business elsewhere but I guess they forced our hand. Goodluck on future endeavors 

Form 8839 is available on the IRS website. For some reason Intuit don't have it. 

@Macarooni122  LOL. They sent me a survey as well. Also they're sending me emails to continue filing my taxes with them. I wish I could do the big eye roll emoji. Lol. Good luck on all of your future endeavors. 

Had Intuit not taken $138  dollars from my account I  would have gone to another company. 

Now is the time to speak to a lawyer. After all of this negative crap going on with form 8839, I found out from the city I live in that I owe local taxes on my business because Turbo tax do not file local taxes . So I'm stuck with a 6 year delinquent tax bill and I'm being threatened with loosing my business license unless I make some sort of payment arrangement. I told Intuit, like always the blame was shifted and their response was " I thought you knew".  Everybody please look over you tax returns, make sure everything (Federal, State, and Local) are prepared and filed.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂, the situation isn't funny. Your response is.

_27
Level 1

Yes! I was able to file my taxes with TaxAct on 02/20/2022 and received confirmation from the IRS and my state that my returns were Accepted on 02/22/21. I will be contacting TurboTax to request a refund ASAP. I have been a customer of TurboTax for over 20 years and this fiasco has cost them a loyal customer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies