Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8839 not available?

I requested a refund from TT, they sent a link to request it and it's still pending. I filed with HR Block (receiving the same amount) and was accepted. This makes NO sense. It's such an inconvenience for those of us that try to jump ahead of the game and are fully prepared. I've been filing with TT for years and hate to take my business elsewhere because it's convenient to have all of your info already in their system. They truly FUMBLED THE BALL THIS YEAR!!! Who wants to wait until 3/3 and then it may still not be ready??? Ughh

This form is still not available through turbo tax!! What is going on? 

wathetta

I need form 8839 now!! why is it not udating?  Can I print my return and have the IRS fix the issue?

@wathetta wrote:

I need form 8839 now!! why is it not udating?  Can I print my return and have the IRS fix the issue?

Form 8839, Qualified Adoption Expenses for tax year 2021 is estimated to be finalized and available in TurboTax on 03/03/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

You would have to print off form 8839and fill it out and add to your printed turbo tax forms. You can go to h&r block or tax act and efile your whole return or print off everything you need if you want to mail it in. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm going to file h&r tomorrow online. All forms should be available when tax season starts. Turbo tax has definitely lost business this year and alot of people that have been with them for a long time, including me.

I want to know this as well, if I hadn't already paid I would use other means to file. I can't get any help ankles I pay for it. Really disgusted 

I've been with TurboTax for I don't know how many years it's crazy.. 

But I took the plunge and I had everything ready to file with TurboTax but I went with TaxAct We redid it all filed in both my returns are accepted already by the federal and state.. And that's with claiming the adoption credit which I got the full credit value of.. 

I was in the same boat ready to go with TurboTax again for like the 10th year but this is our first year with an adoption so I switched to tax act filed about an hour ago and both of my turns are already accepted by the state and federal and I got full credit for the option credit that will carry over for 5 years

I would just go with tax act and forget TurboTax all together considering the hassle to give us last year on our accounts were all messed up and we had to wait longer for our returns

I don't know why someone would tell you that from H&r block because the forms are ready everywhere except for TurboTax. I've been with TurboTax forever but I switched this morning I redid my taxes with tax act and filed and I've already got a response from both the state and federal saying both returns were accepted..

ampalme
Returning Member

Lady at IRS said the problem is with TurboTax, the form is available and ready. Please respond TurboTax. You said wait until 10th and it's February 14th. I prepaid and money has already been deducted from my checking account for filing my return with TurboTax. Can we at least get an answer?

Did you find out what or why this form is pending?

So if I’ve already paid the TT fees, is there anyway to get that back so I can go to a different site? Or am I screwed? 

TOrg
Level 1

Is anyone from Turbo Tax monitoring this forum?  The software sent me here but reading through weeks of all your responses seems they do not.  

They gave me a refund 

They gave me a link to REQUEST a refund and that was last week and it's still pending. Also I went to H&R Block, filed and was accepted by the IRS in 2 minutes. I hope that they refund my money back being that this was no fault of ours and it was TT fault due to them not having this form submitted to the IRS for approval beforehand. Ughhh it's so frustrating being that I always file with TT and really didn't want to take my info elsewhere!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies