Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8839 not available?

It was cheaper for me.  I only file federal through preparer software.  I file my state and local online for free.  I also have a small business, so I have schedule C as well.

Were you able to get a refund? I’d like one as well 

My return has been accepted.  I also have the child tax credit, so I don’t think it will be “approved” until after the 15th…at least that’s what I’m reading regarding those who claim the child tax credit.

I tried to file on tax act and it wanted to give me $4000 less. Idk. I tried it 3 different times

What did the IRS say?

The lady at the irs told me that i could print it off from their website and send in a paper return. She said that turbotax not releasing the form to file has nothing to do with the IRS. She said that it has to do with turbotax software. 

Did you paper file? Is there an option to change turbo tax to paper file and not e-file?

No. I am waiting it out. Paper filing can take 8 to 12 weeks. I have tried filing on 2 different tax prepare companies now and for some reason it doesnt want to give me as much as turbotax. It is a $2000 to $4000 difference. 

When you are ready to file, select print return instead of efile if you want to mail it.you will also have to pay the charge to turbotax

Form 8839 is scheduled for the 3/3 update.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Just filed with HR Block without any issues and my refund was the same. I paid less for HR block.  I am not sure what is going on with Turbo Tax but this is the first time in at least 15 years that I havent used them.  Disappointing but I am just glad to get my taxes filed before March.

H&R Block is already processing 8839 why the wait on Turbo tax?

My Friends on H&R Block have all filed using the 8839.  I will be doing that if it is not available on the 10th.

stwomey

It was also scheduled for the 10th. Is it going to be pushed back again on the 3rd?

On the line with TurboTax right now, (they state the form isn't being accepted by IRS yet). I stated, I'm seeing that this form is available on so many other sites as I explained to the agent. And many of the above post stating that others have filed and been accepted. I'm now stuck seeking a refund due to i've prepaid.  Has anyone filed elsewhere and ACCEPTED by IRS???

My return was accepted by IRS when I filed yesterday with HR Block. They accepted 8839 with zero issues. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies