turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why if I snapped a photo of my W-2, all info matches hard copy, but the employer's street address keeps highlighting red and won't let me continue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Why if I snapped a photo of my W-2, all info matches hard copy, but the employer's street address keeps highlighting red and won't let me continue?

Edit the W-2....go to the street address and delete whatever is in the software, There might be too many characters for the software to accept...or some hidden characters....then re-enter it manually, using abbreviations for St, or Blvd, or Ln, Cir, or Rd...etc..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Jayman1

I’ve already manually re-entered and corrected the information and it still won’t let me continue!! Why? It reverts back to the original 

have no idea.....maybe you have to entirely delete the original W-2  (the whole thing) and re-enter it ALL manually..i.e. don't just edit what was snapped.  Create an entirely new one.

....but that's just a guess as I would never use that method to enter a W-2 in the first place...too many ways for it to get totally fouled up.....and it's far safer to use a full computer to prep taxes. Never ever use a phone or narrow screen tablet.

Customer Support is here if you still can't figure it out:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies