Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why does the Refund Advance Temporary Card not work?

Also, no use in waiting or asking for a manger.. they don’t have access to that. OH and no tracking number for a new card, because they have to send me one for I do not know what reason. They can’t offer me a tracking number for “security reasons”.. this is so fishy. They’re using a script and all they say is sorry I understand that’s all you’ll gets 

They told me they don’t have access to 24 hr shipping their literally lying. This is foul!! 

I am literally in your spot thank you for the advice hang in there!

Not worth the phone call. Their scrip is I understand, I do not have a supervisor available. Forever 

They removed the option to use the temporary card on my account (website and app show no sign to being able to use a temp card anymore) they told me they would be expediting the new card to come by feb 4th. I used the green dot bank account info to pay something and that’s the only way I was able to spend any money. No where would take the temp card info anyway. 

Yes I ordered a New card & had it expedited. & It is working fine ! I was able to add it to Apple Pay & everything 😀

What a scam! The link to get the temporary card number does not work! I have used Turbo Tax for years but never again! They cannot claim to help people with an advance and then have it not work! Could have went o HR Block or Jackson Hewitt and not had these issues! I am done with Turbotax and will be telling everyone I know to never use them again.

kjcamp

Hey I might be late at replying to your question and I hoped it has been resolved for you but I've also been going through the same thing all weekend. FINALLY,  I was able to transfer the funds from my temporary card to cash app.  At first I was trying to transfer the whole 500.00 and that kept getting declined.  So a few minutes ago i started transferring the money 100.00 at a time and it worked that way.  So I hope this helps some of you. 

Timtim

Hey guys I had the same problem but instead of waiting for my personalized card to come in I had them send me another card, and my first card came in the next day, I felt so stupid, but to answer your question the reason the temp card don’t work is cause they messed up the info on cards, the expiration date and and the cvv number r different on your personalized card so when u put the info for the temp card in it’s not gonna work cause it’s invalid, and that wrong.

what i ended up doing was go on venmo/google pay/cash app set up the temporary turbo tax card number and acct/routing number as a payment method for instant transfer  and sent it to my other card to access the cash for physical payments/atm withdrawal. venmo and cash app have a fee tho. I think paypal would work too.

I was able to money gram the money to my checking acc!

Toad123

It says i got $500 start using and i try to log in says wrong pass id only says its been deposited card ending 6578. So stupid

bnf9064
Returning Member

I was approved for 2k and it's been almost 21 hrs and its not showing on the "temporary card" anyone have this issue ? How long until the balance appeared?

I'm in the same boat..Cant use the online card,and on top of that several cards has been sent out because the first one never arrived..So I cant get access to my funds,so basically my money is stolen from turbotax third party greendot..Smh!

bnf9064
Returning Member

Omg nooo, dont tell me that. I called the # and they were useless. Asked for screenshots of my email from turbo saying I was approved for the advance? Huh? I've read a few ppl say it took 48 hrs to appear in the balance, so I'm trying not to lose hope here. I'll be furious if my card "gets lost" what a mess!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies