turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

seanr96

Why does my state refund from 2019 show up as double the amount in wages and income for 2020?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MayaD
Expert Alumni

Why does my state refund from 2019 show up as double the amount in wages and income for 2020?

If you transferred last year’s tax data to this year's return, your state and local refunds are automatically brought over with your other tax info.

If TurboTax brought automatically the state refund and you entered your 1099G form for state and local refund, you are doubling the state refund.

Follow the instruction if you need to delete the 1099G form:

• Sign in to your account.
  • Select Tools then Tax Tools from the left menu.
  • Select Delete a form.
  • Locate the 1099G form and delete it.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did not enter it in - it doubled mine automatically, I checked and there is no form in my documents section.

The 1099-G is not in your documents.  You need to sign in to TurboTax on a browser.  Then you will be able to see Tax Tools and follow the directions above to delete your 1099-G form.

I did that, it is NOT there. 

seanr96

Hi Maya,

Before I saw your reply, I decided to just delete the refund line info and then re-entered the info and everything now shows fine.  But I did see tax tools in the left hand menu, you just have to be in the relevant tax return document.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies