turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bgdean12

Why does my Missouri tax return show DO NOT FILE when I print it even though it has been accepted by the state for E-file? I need the coupon to pay taxes due.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Why does my Missouri tax return show DO NOT FILE when I print it even though it has been accepted by the state for E-file? I need the coupon to pay taxes due.

You see the DO NOT FILE watermark on certain MO forms (including Form MO 1040V, Individual Payment Voucher) because those forms have not yet been finalized.  E-filed forms may not be affected.

For current information on forms availability please click on the applicable link below:

You have until the MO filing deadline (April 15, 2020) to send in any payment due with your return.

Online shows that the form is available but when I checked my MO form still has watermark on it. Any idea when this will be updated?

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

TurboTax usually updates the forms as they become available from the IRS and states, but sometimes even though that particular form is available, all the state forms must be updated before the watermark can be removed.  (For example, there are other forms that could affect the payment so it cannot be updated in TurboTax.)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can I still pay by check if it said do not file.  If It was e filed

BillM223
Expert Alumni

"Can I still pay by check if it said do not file. " Of course. I do not know why the form says "DO NOT FILE" (this usually means that it has not been made "available" in the TurboTax system. This may be an issue of updating your desktop software.

In any case, the state MO-1040V can be found here online, which you can print and mail with your check. Or you can pay online here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies