Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does my CA state tax return keep getting rejected? I click the "fix my return" link and it tells me I'm missing healthcare info, but doesn't allow me to enter.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
tsanusi

Why does my CA state tax return keep getting rejected? I click the "fix my return" link and it tells me I'm missing healthcare info, but doesn't allow me to enter.

I'm having the same exact issue. Very frustrating!

I've tried to refile and have gotten the email that it's rejected at least five times now. I don't know if I should keep trying until it works, but I really don't want to file by mail...

This is the message that is showing on the emails: /CA-Return/CA-ReturnData/CAForm540NR/ISRPenalty/PaymentsAfterISRPenalty - Healthcare coverage information in the return is missing or invalid. Please double check your entries.

I don't even have the option to enter healthcare coverage information because I can be claimed as a dependent

same problem as all the others... following.

ianwass123
Returning Member

Same issue! Turbotax needs to get on this!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If your return has been rejected, please follow this FAQ to correct the error and resubmit. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Apparently the issue will be fixed after the 26th, so I will try to refile at that point:

"There is an issue with this topic in the product. This issue is being resolved in a product release scheduled for February 26, 2021. Please update your software on or after 02/26/2021 (for web products this will happen automatically), run a final review of your state return, make the appropriate change (if any) and re-submit this return electronically. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I updated this morning, drilled back through the state questions and performed review, still box 91 is not checked.

Anyone else have success?

I just refiled and got an email that it was accepted!

staterejected
Returning Member

I tried again this morning (3/1/21) and still rejected with the same message. Very frustrating. Let me know if anyone else has success.

I'm seeing the same problem, I've gone through the wizard again after updating and box 91 is still not checked

Picture2.pngPicture1.png

staterejected
Returning Member

Finally solved my issue. I don't know whether ultimately in the end it was a software problem or not. I simply redid my state return and found I had a date discrepancy which had a knock-on effect on another couple of questions. I was on hold with with Turbo-tax for over an hour before they picked up and relayed it was there fault not having the said software issue updated. 

So whether it was me, or them I'm not sure. But going through the state process over again this morning and making sure info aligned is the only time I've gotten past this error message. 

ianwass123
Returning Member

Still getting my california state rejected. Its very frustrating... even though twice now I was told the software was getting fixed. Please help Turbotax, this is getting pretty ridiculous! I paid money for your service and you arent delivering!

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

We take your concern very seriously and wish to help address this.  Unfortunately, in this public internet forum, we do not have direct access to your account, so we invite you to please contact our TurboTax customer support team to assist your further.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies