Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does it say I currently have plus but it won't let me download my 2017 return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Why does it say I currently have plus but it won't let me download my 2017 return?

What's the story on your 2018 return?  Has it already been filed, or is it still in preparation?

Are the 2018 and 2017 returns in the SAME account?

Have you actually paid for PLUS (19.99) with credit/debit card?   If not, we can tell you the specific steps to pay.

If you have already paid for PLUS with credit/debit card, we can suggest what to do to get the 2017 return.

2018 return is filed and completed. Same for the 2017. Yes they're both on this same account. I have my credit card on my account but I don't think it charged me but it won't let me go back in to pay. 

It hasn't charged my card yet so I don't think it went through.

How did you already end up in PLUS?   Did you open the already-filed 2018 return back up recently, and chose to upgrade to PLUS?    If you are sure you are in PLUS and that you haven't paid the 19.99, I'll skip outlining the upgrade steps and simply tell you how to open the 2018 return and go to the Print Center to pay.

I don't know. The plus option to upgrade is greyed out but it won't let me print. Tell me how to go to the print center please!

I click download/print for my 2017 and it says oops looks like you need to pay first

If PLUS is grayed out, then that means you are already in PLUS (assuming you haven't upgraded any farther than that).   As long as PLUS is the only thing grayed out, then you should be in PLUS.

Here's how to open a 2018 return that has already been filed in order to pay at the Print Center.

• Log in at at the Tax Home or the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2018, look for a link that says "Add a State."  (that doesn't really add one; that just opens the return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."   (Yes, you say "this year's", since you are paying for 2018 PLUS to unlock the 2017 return).  You won't actually have to print the 2018 return.
  • It should then show you an Order Summary with PLUS.   If all is OK, choose to PAY NOW.   You can pay by credit/debit card, even though it may only say "credit."

NOTE:  If you should offer you the option to pay later, that cannot be used for this purpose.  You have to choose PAY NOW.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies