Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did TurboTax provide 2022 estimated tax vouchers for a 2021 state return but not the 2021 federal return when tax was owed on both 2021 returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Why did TurboTax provide 2022 estimated tax vouchers for a 2021 state return but not the 2021 federal return when tax was owed on both 2021 returns?

It may have been an error within the program when it generated your return for download. You can print your estimated tax vouchers by following the steps in the below help article.

How do I print estimated tax vouchers for my 2022 taxes?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Great, thanks!

I guess I responded too soon because, when I went to the link you provided, the first step says:  "With your tax return open, . . . " and I don't see anywhere online to open a filed return. 

It looks like all I can do from my online account page is download or print the return, not open it online, which I've already done. 

I tried searching the pdf file that I previously downloaded, but it doesn't have the vouchers in it, which is why I asked the original question. 

So, is there a way to open a return online when it's already been filed or another way to get to the vouchers online?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

My apologies that did not work for you. When following the steps in the help article, can you try to revisit the section by selecting YES on step 2, to see the vouchers will generate?

If that does not work, you can generate them manually outside of TurboTax. Please see this IRS article for assistance: About Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals

Michelle,

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I can't even get past step 1 in the article you directed me to because it starts by saying "With your tax return open, . . . "

Since the return has already been filed, the only version of the return I can get "open" is the pdf file copy, which doesn't have the vouchers in it and isn't interactive.

I think the steps in that article are only for returns that haven't been filed yet where you can see the online version and  take various actions in it like the ones called for in the steps of that article.

If I'm missing something or if there's a way to get to an online version of a filed return, please let me know.

Thanks.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click here to see the steps provided in this Community thread by @JohnB5677 to get you back into your return to print your estimated tax vouchers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies