turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

grandmarosi
Returning Member

Why cant I e file

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Why cant I e file

We cannot see your account.  What happens when you try to e-file?  Is it begin rejected?  What is the rejection message in the email?  Or is it giving you an error message when you try to e-file?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Why cant I e file

We didn't file our 2018 taxes but had them ready.  So when I try to file with the AIG of 0 it still won't except it.  We are trying desperately trying to get this done.

Why cant I e file

@Kimberly Burke The frustration is understood.  But it works this way---you either enter a 2018 AGI from a 2018 tax return that you filed with the IRS, or you try zero if you did not file 2018.  If zero does not work, there is not a way to e-file.  That leaves you with having to print, sign and mail the tax return.  Rejection of a tax return comes from the IRS, not TurboTax.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Why cant I e file

I e-filed with turbo tax last year. First thing they ssid we have all your info from this yesr You'll be able to file easily next yesr. So ehen i try to sign and finiish ,it ask me how did i fie last year and none of the options apply to me and can't get past that. I dont understand. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies